Steganography is the method of hiding a text message inside an image. In this tutorial we are going to see how we can use the tool.
- Stegosuite(used for stegnography).
- Image (to hide the message).
- First go to the given below website to use stegosuite.
After downloading open it. For this example we are going to use the given image. You can use any image you want.
Make sure the resolution is small.
- Click File->open and select the file you want to encrypt.
- In this the first box enter the message you want to sent and the 3rd box enter the password and click embed. We can see the new file created with the name “original_embed”.
Now to extract the message we shall do a reverse process
- Select the image with the hidden message, enter the password and click extract.
We can see that the hidden message is now shown. This is a basic skill that you can use to communicate with your friends and colleagues.
Note: The person receiving the image with hidden message must have stegosuite installed to be able to extract the message.
Later, I will show you how to use the terminal to perform stegonography in Kali Linux